Sunday, February 1, 2009

Practice Exam solutions

UPDATE: full solutions are now up. (The filename has not changed, I just updated the contents.)

------

Here are the solutions to about the first half of the practice problems. They are a bit terse, which reflects my haste this evening/morning, but I think they should be understandable.* With luck, complete solutions will follow tomorrow in the early afternoon.

These problems are not as diverse a set as I would have liked,** but I think if you can get through all of these fairly quickly without much trouble, you will be fine on the exam. Another good thing to do is study the example problems in your text.

------------

* Most likely, I am just too long-winded in my normal solutions, and these are fine ... feel free to weigh in on this point, since I am writing these things for you.

** On the other hand, at least one of these practice problems will show up verbatim on the exam. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment