Thursday, February 5, 2009

This Friday's homework

By the way: typo on the homework.

Friday's problems are due at the end of the day, i.e., 1 minute before midnight, not at the beginning of class as the problem set claims.

In other news, we will begin studying work & energy tomorrow (Ch. 7). Reading Ch. 7 before class tomorrow, or at least skimming it is a Good Idea.

By the way: I tried to choose a textbook this semester that would make the reading less ... painful. I don't point out each day what you should be reading, mainly because I think it is sort of obvious from the schedule - if we start Ch. 7 tomorrow, you should read Ch. 7 for tomorrow. I am naively assuming that you do the reading each time (!), and that the more studious of you are working through the example problems on your own.

Here's a good little post on physics textbooks, FWIW. I have nearly written my own book for ph102 out of sheer frustration; the fact that I have not even thought of this for ph125 speaks to my high regard for the classic H&R text. YMMV.

No comments:

Post a Comment