Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday's class

We'll delay harmonic motion until Monday. Tomorrow we will spend some time solving homework problems, and a little bit of time discussing the rocket project and your (informal!) presentations for next week.

For the rockets, I'll sketch out some algorithms and pseudo-code you can use to get the trajectory and then find the launch angle (some of you have already done this). There will be extra points for particularly clever solutions, so it is worth some time to optimize your calculations. I heard talk of pointers today, and it pleased me :-) I should mention that spiffy user interfaces and graphics are not necessary, we would rather focus on cleverness of calculation and efficiency for now.

I will also introduce you to the position sensors you'll be receiving next week (one per team) that you can use to determine the target's range and height.

No comments:

Post a Comment