Saturday, May 2, 2009

Final Exam

One of you asked about the final exam details. Below is what I said.

The review session will be Monday evening, I'll post here when it is finalized. I'll also provide the formula sheets, probably on Sunday, along with more detail. It will be easier than any of the other three exams I gave ...
It is going to be a larger number of much easier problems, much like the example problems in the chapters. Only chapters we covered in class are on the exam, and nothing we covered after exam III is on the exam.

It is going to be something like 8-10 fairly easy problems that you need to solve in about 15 minutes each, rather than the 4-6 hard problems that take 30 minutes you had on the previous exams. You will have a choice of problems, so it is reasonable to skip over a couple of chapters and just not choose problems related to them.

My suggestion would be to try to solve the sample problems without looking at the solutions at first. Basically, the exam will reward knowing the basics really well. I will try to make the problems very similar to the level of practice problems. After that, I would try the problems on the sample tests I posted - mostly easier problems than we have been doing.

You'll get a formula sheet which is fairly comprehensive. I'll try to post it as soon as I can, but it might be Sunday before I get it done. It will be a combination of the formula sheets from the first three exams. You can bring in two sheets of paper with your own notes.

1 comment:

  1. If this exam is going to be as easy as you're making it sound, I'm officially excited.

    ReplyDelete