Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Twitter

So, I am on the twitter (@pleclair). I was thinking lately it might be useful for posting quick updates for class, e.g., HW hints or notifications of new assignments. (Though I joined for other reasons, mainly because all the cool kids were doing it).

Would this be a useful way to disseminate small bits of course-related info?

(N.B. - it is easy to use twitter to update your facebook status and vice versa. Joining is not the time sink I thought it would be.)

4 comments:

  1. Do we need to have twitter accounts to read your updates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Crito: no, there are a few easy options that don't require an account:

    (1) the twitter updates will also be mirrored as my facebook status. You can look at my wall on facebook and see the same stuff.

    (2) just go to http://twitter.com/pleclair periodically

    (3) get an RSS feed of my twitter updates, then you can read them in your aggregator of choice. http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/18157228.rss

    ReplyDelete